Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
The SR. Manufacturing Quality Engineer plays a key leadership role in quality related activities in support of manufacturing ensuring customer requirements are continually met. Using improvement methodology and principles to drive productivity results while ensuing customer satisfaction.
1. Collaborate with engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerance as necessary to support cost effective production.
2. Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyses results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
3. Establish and maintain records and files for inspection and calibration of gages and standards.
4. Assist in set up inspections and calibration in accordance with documented procedures and industry requirements and calibration intervals.
5. Analyze quality control results and provide feedback and interpretation to management.
6. Provide improvement ideas and projects for best practices of process part improvements.
7. Implement inspection and testing criteria throughout the manufacturing floor.
8. Manage day to day manufacturing concerns, issues and resolutions.
9. Respond and Assist in customer and internal corrective action process – root cause identification, action implementation and verification of closure.
10. Develop testing plans for contained product through sampling plans, inspection criteria, and verification plans.
11. Provide disposition of product through evaluation tests, customer requirements and procedures.
12. Report project updates and results to management.
13. Maintain and audit systems to ensure the prevention and reduction of defects.
14. Champion, support and lead quality improvement initiatives.
15. Support process validation and ensure only qualified process are released for production.
16. Follow IATF and any other regulatory requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in Quality preferred and/or minimum of 5 years of experience
2. Demonstrated experience developing and coaching team members
3. Strong product development and engineering quality skills in a fast pace environment
4. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously
5. Excellent written and verbal communications
6. Thorough understanding of IATF 16949 standard.
7. Proficient use of Word, Excel and project management software
8. Mechanical aptitude preferred and automotive experience a plus