Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer is responsible for providing the Continuous Improvement support in the manufacturing area. Using Improvement methodology and principles to drive productivity results while ensuring customer satisfaction.
1. Oversee the Quality improvement efforts within the manufacturing area, including maintaining and implementing of Quality requirements and identifying improvement areas.
2. Manufacturing systems:
a. Establish and maintain records and files for inspection and calibration of gages and standards.
b. Perform inspections and calibration in accordance with documented procedures and industry requirements and calibration intervals.
c. Analyze quality control results and provide feedback and interpretation to management.
d. Provide improvement ideas and projects for best practices of process part improvements.
e. Implement inspection and testing criteria throughout the manufacturing floor.
f. Manage day to day manufacturing concerns, issues and resolutions.
g. Respond and Assist in customer and internal corrective action process – root cause identification, action implementation and verification of closure.
h. Develop testing plans for contained product through sampling plans, inspection criteria, and verification plans.
i. Provide disposition of product through evaluation tests, customer requirements and procedures.
j. Report project updates and results to management.
k. Maintain and audit systems to ensure the prevention and reduction of defects.
l. Champion, support and lead quality improvement initiatives.
m. Support process validation and ensure only qualified process are released for production.
n. Follow IATF and any other regulatory requirements
3. Suppliers and Supply Chain
a. Develop and support vendor improvement programs
b. Support vendor programs including auditing and/or traveling to supplier’s facility.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Quality preferred and/or minimum of 5 years of experience
2. Demonstrated experience developing and coaching team members
3. Strong product development and engineering quality skills in a fast pace environment
4. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously
5. Excellent written and verbal communications
6. Thorough understanding of IATF 16949 standard.
7. Proficient use of Word, Excel and project management software
8. Mechanical aptitude preferred and automotive experience a plus
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.