Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer considers all aspects of the manufacturing process from concept design through production and on time delivery. Ensuring Muth meets the customer’s specifications and exceeds their expectations whenever possible. Seeks to improve the manufacturing processes, product design, and create better efficiencies in order to save time and cost for both the company and our customers without sacrificing quality.
1. Establish manufacturing processes capable of producing product per the customer and internal specifications, drawings, and requirements.
2. Ensure Product Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Systems, Equipment Support and Manufacturing Engineering work together cohesively to develop and implement manufacturing processes.
3. Participate in the layout of the manufacturing floor in order to optimize efficiency, safety, and ergonomic integrity.
4. Contribute in the design and specification of manufacturing machines such as vision inspection systems and robotic assembly cells.
5. Design and fabricate manufacturing tools and fixtures.
6. Aid with time and motion studies.
7. Lead the manufacturing response to Corrective Action requests in regards to customer’s quality concerns.
8. Support manufacturing quality effort.
9. Participate in PFMEA reviews, process capability studies, and spearhead assigned continual improvement projects.
1. B.S. in Engineering preferred or 3-5 years related experience
2. Basic machine shop and small tools skills
3. Basic electronic and electrical skills
4. Experience with all Microsoft Office products
5. Experience with 3D CAD
May act as lead on some projects and guide other engineers and technicians.