Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
a. Review 3D CAD proposals from customers, manipulate 3D designs and issue design recommendations
b. Design activities per APQP systems and requirements.
c. Review customer requirements and specifications.
d. Develop, utilize, and maintain design tools such as DFMEAs
e. Generate designs utilizing geometric dimensioning and tolerances, design guidelines, and industry standard practices.
f. Create engineering drawings for components Build and evaluate engineering samples and prototypes for customers.
a. Design fixtures for standard processes including optics to glass placement and vision testing
b. Program optics to glass placement and vision systems for pre-production builds
a. Develop Design Verification Plans (DVP) based on customer requirements and specifications
b. Manage and conduct all aspects of validation testing: develop test procedures, work with test labs, prepare test samples, run tests, compile results, and report out.
a. Display luminance
b. Display uniformity
c. Thermal management
d. Environmental durability
e. Design for manufacturability
a. Maintain and improve these systems, processes, and procedures
a. Provide input and insight into product improvement and product designs
b. Achieve cost reduction / continual improvement goals assigned to Engineering Department
c. Make recommendations/suggestions for manufacturing improvements to maximize efficiencies
d. Participate in Lean Projects.
e. Stay current on the latest or new relevant technologies
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred plus a minimum of 1 years related experience.
2. Experienced with the use of 3D CAD
3. Well versed in Microsoft Office
4. Good communications skills for both internal customers/departments and external customers
5. Good project management skills, able to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
6. Experience in the automotive industry is a plus